Monday, February 23, 2009

Crockpot Split Pea Soup Zinger

I love soup. Some of my favorite meals are soups. The best part about soups are that they're often easy crockpot meals. A small investment of time earlier in the day reaps big evening rewards, in my opinion. This split pea soup is uh-may-zing.

Crockpot Split Pea Soup Zinger
G, D

Dump the following ingredients in your crockpot and go. 3-4 hours high, double for low.


1 ham hock (I always get a small ham with the bone-in, eat the ham for one meal then use the bone for the soup flavor) or 5 pieces of bacon
2 1/2 cups of chicken stock
1 medium onion chopped
1 potato chopped
2 large carrots chopped (or if you're like me, throw in handfuls of baby carrots till you're satisfied there are enough)
1 c. split peas rinsed
1 cloved of garlic through your garlic press
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment